Friday, October 1, 2021

"You just want to get rid of me!"

 "You just want to get rid of me!"

    He says this and I can see the anger and betrayal in his eyes. There is so much pain that I truly believe that I might see tears of blood soon. But I have to stay firm. I have to see if I can get him to understand. 

So this is what I said - 

    Son, that is not even close to what I mean. I don't even know how to explain it to you because it has to do with being parents and how parents feel. Honestly, I really don't know if you can truly know what I am talking about since you are not a parent and have no frame of reference or have experienced the feelings that your mom and I have felt or are feeling right now. 

    Your mom and I wanted to be parents before we were even married. Before we even had met. It was one of the things that we talked about and planned for when we did get married. I wanted to be a dad and it was very important that the person I decided to marry wanted to be a mom. That was one of the reasons I married her. We talked about having kids and when we wanted them to come along and how many. We wanted two kids. You see? You are very important to us and we were very deliberate in our need and purpose to create you. 

    Deciding to have kids is not just to create a human being that we just want to cast off someday. What would be the point of having kids if it was only for the sole purpose of "getting rid of them? " We would not have had you if that was the way we felt. 

    You see, son, your mom and I love each other so much that we wanted to create you and your brother to have the chance to spread our love to more people. We love each other so much that we wanted to have two children that we could raise and nurture to go out into the world to find their perfect person to love just the way we love each other. 

    You get it? It's not about "getting rid of you." It's about creating people that will increase the love in the world. We love each other and we want you to keep that love going by blessing another with it and then have children that you will create and raise to keep the love going to other people and so on. That is the purpose for us. We wanted children to love and raise to love others and have children to love to raise and to have children and so on. 

    I believe this is why God created Eve. He wanted Adam to spread his love to more people and to have kids to carry on that love to more and more people. And that is why we are not "getting rid of you." And I feel like I am doing a horrible job explaining because there is no way you can understand if you are not a parent. But trust me son, when and if you decide on being a parent yourself, I hope you look back at what I am saying right now and realize that I am only urging you to be independent for a reason that is important to us as parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment