Tuesday, March 5, 2019

What the hell do I know anyway?

It was passively brought up again.

 It seems that I can't get away from this skepticism. Some still question if I took my time to decide if She was truly the one. I looked back at all the stuff I have written. All that stuff about love and relationships and all. I think to myself - So, what the hell do I know anyway?

Seriously. I talk a good game and I show my love and affection all the time towards my wife. They wonder if it is genuine. Is that it though? Do I have something that is so uncommon and special that if someone emulated me, they would have such a great marriage or relationship? Maybe. Most likely not. 

I am not much of an example to tell you the truth. Before I met Her, I had honest to goodness dated less than 5 people. Less than 5. In 23 years. Yes - you read that right. I dated less than 5 girls in the first 23 years of my life. Most of those were literally for only one or two dates. Hell, the first real kiss I had with a girl is with my now wife. How pathetic is that? Awe, isn't that romantic? Is it really? Really? I had not been serious with any girl until I met my wife. What did I know about relationships? Nothing. Nadda. Zilch. 

That's it. Of course! It could be that I jumped at the first girl that gave me attention. It could be that I didn't bother to play the field and took the first person that came on to me. Maybe I just am sad and have no idea what I was doing. I had no experience and no previous girlfriends, no break ups, no relationships. I just decided that the first one was THE one and I pursued her until I wore her down to just say yes. 

So, what the hell do I know? When I dated this girl that is now my wife, I was met with skepticism. I was asked if I was really sure if this one was THE one. I mean. I hadn't dated much so that meant I must be just being infatuated. It was just a phase. I need to play the field more and get my feet wet. I just needed to slow down and think it over more. 

That's it. Of course! I needed to search some more. Break my heart some more. Experience more girls. That was all I needed. More girls. 

Well, you know what? 23years later. 23. I am still with her. I have never looked back and I am happy. It is not an act. It is not a show. It is not just a mask I put on. It is not some façade I apply in the morning like shave cream. It is real. It is my life. It is my marriage. It is my right to choose what I do for her and what I don't. It is my choice to spend, act, say, do, do not, go, stay, and what ever the hell I think. 

You can think what you think and elude to what you want to elude without just coming out and saying it. I don't really care. 

We have been happy. We are happy. It is us and it is not you. 

But then, according to your passive aggressive scathing implying tone - - - what the hell do I know anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment