Saturday, August 15, 2026

Salt..... Again.

 It really fascinates me how tenacious the allegiance is of some of these sea salt people are. The out right arrogant superiority is quite intriguing when they basically have no evidence. 

I ignore the baiting tactic and press for their sources but, of course, they don't have any. What I am interested in is what it was that made them so convinced that sea salt is so much better and how table salt is so "dead" and "full of chemicals" and that it is some altra processed synthetic man made poison. How was someone able to convince them so much that they are not only supporting the false idea but aggressively arguing with hostility and vulgarity? 

That is what I am truly curious about.

Here is yet another comment thread I had......

Me- There is no significant difference between sea salt and table salt. No..... Significant...... Difference. The nutritional value of both are pretty much the same.

Person #1 - you are incorrect

To person #1- Wesley Bullock ok... Your claim means nothing without backing it up. 


Here.... Since I don't want to write it out again..... Reading this exchange and follow the links. Bottom line .... You would have to have about a pound or more sea salt a day to get any benefit from the miniscule amounts of minerals in it. As far as your body is concerned.... Sea salt and table salt are the same. 


https://imasimpleguy2.blogspot.com/2025/11/my-views-on-salt-makes-me-liberal-i.html

Person #2 - 100% WRONG!!!! The iodization process of table salt introduces many carcinogenic compounds to the salt.  Mineral salts are 100% natural as long as they are not mined with TNT.

To person #2 - Kelly A. Stockton You are living in la la land. Got proof of that? Seriously, are just believing what others tell you or your griftng influencers or are you really finding out for your self? Salt is extremely easy to mine and to purify without using any harsh chemicals which is the bullcrap that you're insinuating. It's just simple evaporation. Anything more than that would be too expensive to process salt with. So might as well just go simple with it. And the iodine is just an iodine salt that's added to the table salt in order to have a little iodine in the diet. If you believe anything other than that then you're just being scammed.

Person #3 - I believe you will find that minerals ARE nutrition. Table salt might be fortified with iodine, but sea salt or pink salt has tons more minerals in it. . .  and you need those on todays diets. Unless you eat nose to tail carnivore you will eventually be lacking in one mineral or another.

To person #3 - See, this is where these grifters take a truth and magnify it to a lie. You say there is "tons more" minerals in sea salt. Well it is true that there is more mineral content in sea salt, but a "ton more" - no. Is it a source of those minerals, yeah of course. Is it a significant source? You know like make a difference to your health difference? No. 


You see!? Taking a truth and expanding it to a lie. 


https://imasimpleguy2.blogspot.com/2025/11/my-views-on-salt-makes-me-liberal-i.html


Personally, I actually use sea salt for almost all my seasoning but I am not duped into believing it is more healthy. That is just influencer lies. I just don't spend an arm and a leg for something that really is no different than the more expensive alternatives. You ate just wasting your money.


Person #4 - Enjoy processed, chemical, synthetic salt. I'll leave it alone. More for you.


To person #4 - it is not synthetic.... Where do you guys get so scammed about that? It is salt that has been either mined and then dissolved in water, filtered and then the water boiled off or....they just take sea water, filter it and then boiled the water off. It's as natural as sea salt but I bet you are too brain washed to understand that. A quick search on how salt is produced would show you that much. And it is not "chemical" in the connotation that you are referring to. There is nothing harmful at all about it other than how much you use and before you say it is more harmful at lesser amounts.... That is totally false..... But again, you are probably too brainwashed to understand that too. 


You salt people are so easily manipulated!


Reply from Person #4 - A simple few Google searches could educate you.

Heavy refinement strips table salt of natural trace minerals, leaving pure sodium chloride blended with anti-caking additives. High consumption also elevates blood pressure and increases cardiovascular risk.


To person #4 - Donna Fanning I don't understand what your problem with that is. That's exactly what I'm getting at it's just plain sodium chloride. It's not synthetic or man-made. It is just purified salt. And yeah it increases your blood pressure because sodium makes you retain water and the more water you have in your vessels the higher your blood pressure. It's physics. You're making it seem like it's the most horrible thing in the world. And if you look up sea salt it'll do the same thing as what you're saying. It doesn't matter if it has minerals in it or not. So yeah, I don't understand what you're trying to argue here. My original claim is still true. Table salt and sea salt are basically the same thing nutritionally. It doesn't affect your body any different whether you use table salt or whether you use sea salt.


Here is the crazy guy......

Person #5 - You must be on crack!!! 🤣Cathy Guillory Pff. Doctors know sweet F all about nutrition. 🤣

Me - Ok..... Prove otherwise..... And more than just "it has more minerals". Show me undeniable proof that the AMOUNT of those minerals make a difference. That is my claim. And I backed it with evidence in other comments. So...... What do you have to back your claim other than being a " trust me bro?"

Person #5 - Basic understanding of what the body needs and uses for nutrients. A massive difference between processed garbage salt and sea salts.

Plenty of information re that online. Don't be so intellectually lazy staying within your mainstream echoe chamber of nonsense and have a look around. No end to the doctors that will attest to the efficacy of sea salts where standard salt is garbage by comparison. Go look, silly.

Not anyone's job to spoonfeed you info.

Info that a statist such as yourself will automatically reject due to your preconcieved notions.

Probably jabbed and boosted.

Crazier than a sh*thouse mouse.

Sell your crazy somewhere else!

For the interim call whine one one.


Me - Ah yes, the foul mouthed arrogant "trust me bro" that does not have evidence so they pawn off their lack of intelligence to "I'm not doing your research for you" or " I won't spoon feed you". If you got the resources to back your claim then give it because if it is out there, I have not seen it. You say that there is no end to doctors that will attest to table salt being garbage but where is your proof?.... And I don't mean some click bait chiropractor trying to make money off of bogus supplements or some loser that puts Dr. Next to their name and is not a real doctor but has a program to sell you or some doctor that has been so negligent with their practice they had their licence stripped from them..... Because that is the garbage that I have seen. 

So, prove it .... Show me that the miniscule amount of those minerals That are extra in sea salt actually make a significant impact on a person's health compared to plain old table salt. The way you're talking you feel that sea salt makes such a difference compared to table salt is like pissing in the ocean and expecting it to rise enough to flood Florida. They just are not that different.

Oh, and that "processed garbage" you are talking about. Yeah.... Evaporation and a filter. That's it. That's how they remove the minerals from sea salt. 


Here.... Check this for my resources and claim if you were too lazy to read all my comments......https://imasimpleguy2.blogspot.com/2025/11/my-views-on-salt-makes-me-liberal-i.html


Person #5 - and Translated: You're too lazy and in denial to look anywhere but your own personal echo chamber of mainstream horsesh*t. 🤣


Me -Hey, if you got better sources than me that actually prove that sea salt has enough minerals to make any difference in nutrition then please by all means post them. Because I haven't found them. All I have is you saying statements without any support whatsoever. Classic "trust me bro" and "because I said so" mentally. Telling me that I am too lazy to look it up is a classic line from your type that translates to " I have no proof".


Talk about horseshit..... You could spread your manure over an entire feud and have a ton left over!. Dang...you're messed up. You know we're just talking about salt right? Do you even read all the sources and the information that I provided you? If this is how you are about just plain old salt then you really are off the deep end.


Person # 5 - deleted his comment. 

Me - to the deleted comment......you're messed up. You know we're just talking about salt right? Do you even read all the sources and the information that I provided you? If this is how you are about just plain old salt then you really are off the deep end.



Here is another comment I made on the same video but there are no comments under it....

 Which is weird.... This kind of statement always gets a big push back just like the one above..... 


Sea salt having minerals is not really the point the point is the amount. You would have to eat literally a half a pound or more salt to get any benefit out of sea salt. There are lots better sources of those minerals in other foods like plants. And people are completely ignoring that fact. That's a common thing with people nowadays is they have no concept of amount and percentages. Sea salt does have minerals that's true but there's not enough in there to make a big difference compared to table salt. Sea salt is not significantly nutritionally better than table salt because of the amount of minerals that's in it. It's just not that much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment