Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Do you miss her?

 A girl said to me that she watched all those couples walking by her and that made her feel lonely.

Then she asked me if I felt lonely when I was not with my wife. 

I said  - "no."

"You don't?" she asked.

"No." I said flatly.

"You don't feel lonely ever when you are not with her?"

"Nope. I know that will be home when I get there." I said.

She pressed on, "You don't feel lonely when you are not with your wife. Like right now, you don't feel lonely?"

"No, she and I are married and live together and I see her every day. It is constant. Why would I feel lonely the moment she is not physically with me?"

Not giving up the argument, she then said, "Well, you never know. She may not make it home today."

"Now that is altogether different. Isn't it? You are referring to the popular phrase that goes something like..... We are not guaranteed tomorrow. 

"It Is Not The Same.

 Why would I feel lonely because of a fear that something would happen to her and be taken away from me? That kind of fear..... Living each day scared of something that may not happen for years and years if ever..... Is crazy.

How about this. Wouldn't it be worse to be with someone ..... Married or not....and still be lonely? Think about that. To live every day with a person you supposedly love.... in the same house or being together every day..... but still feel like you don't know them and feel disconnected. Being in a relationship but as lonely as being single. 

Yeah, well. That is not me. As horrible as it would be, if I lost my wife today I would never look back and say I wasted a moment with her. I didn't waste an opportunity to tell her I loved her or cuddle or hold her hand or taker her out to dinner or ask her how her day went or all those other moments that make life better with a wife. 

Of course, I would be devastated at the loss. You know I would be crushed but I can't fear something that only could happen. You know? It is much better to live life with that sort of paranoia. "


No comments:

Post a Comment