Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A moment in Wally World got me thinking...

Yesterday in Wally World I answered my phone as I was walking down the isle and if any one knows me, I answer "Hi beautiful" when I talk to my wife. Well, a woman who was looking in my direction gave me the biggest radiant smile until she saw that I was on my phone. She looked down quickly as she noticed this and started to walk away. I finished my call and talked to her for a moment. She said she felt so good when she thought I called her beautiful. I said that she was a pretty girl and that I hope she had a good day. I got me thinking about how people should be given altruistic compliments. Maybe that would make a lot of people's day.


It also got me thinking about how I talk and address my wife. We would have a lot better relationships if all men did the same---

Never call them names or say ANYTHING you will regret - even when you are mad. It can NEVER be taken back.

Tell them every single day how much they are loved and needed- be specific.

Tell them what you love about them - be specific and even when it is silly sounding. I told her how I like the curves of her foot the other day. It was true and I said it when I thought it.

Always talk to them in a soft or normal voice and without anger. Most of the time you are not angry with them anyway.

Have a loving name that you use only for them and you never call anyone else. They will notice, trust me.

Repeat these often even when you are told that it is not needed. It is needed- everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment